Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
Submitted by: Ratwood123 | Source: Stephanie @ A Year of Slow Cooking (crockpot365.blogspot.com)
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6-7 hours
|2||Chicken Breasts, our chicken breasts were huge, so this recipe could probably be used for 3-4 small chicken breasts as well|
|2 slices||Thick-cut Mozzarella Cheese|
|1 jar||Your Favorite Pasta Sauce, we used three cheese francesco rinaldi|
|¼ tsp||Kosher Salt|
|¼ tsp||Black Pepper|
|½ tsp||Italian Seasoning|
|¼ cup||Parmesan Cheese|
|½ cup||Bread Crumbs|
|1 Tbsp||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
1. Pour olive oil in the bottom of your Crock Pot to prevent sticking
2. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, black pepper, salt and Italian Seasoning in a medium bowl.
3. Beat egg and place in a separate medium bowl.
4. Take chicken breasts and dip into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides evenly. Place in Crock Pot.
5. Cover chicken breasts with sliced Mozzarella, and pour 1 jar of sauce on top.
6. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on Low.
7. Enjoy served over your favorite pasta.